- This event has passed.
Design Thinking: A Human-Center Approach to Identifying & Solving Problems
August 17, 2023 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmMembers: Free | Non-Members: $65 | Students: $35 | $75 at the Door
Whether you’re only starting out in your career or you’re a C-suite executive, we can all grow in new ways to identify and solve problems. Design thinking is a human-centered approach that aims to understand emotional and social needs to aid decision-making and drive innovation.
Join us August 17 at 12pm for a virtual event with Steve Koch and Jonathan Pathuis, Managing Partners at Cast & Hue.
Attendees will take away a great understanding of:
- The basic principles of Jobs-to-be-Done theory, and some of the different elements
- The elements of a Demand Profile or Jobs-to-be-Done persona and how they’re different from traditional personas and segmentation
- The difference between functional, social and emotional needs
- Frameworks and approaches used to uncover Jobs-to-be-Done
- Examples of how Jobs-to-be-Done theory is applied to marketing and innovation
We will send everyone who registers a Grubhub gift card to order lunch in advance of the Zoom event.
About the speakers:
Steve Koch and Jonathan Pathuis, Managing Partners at Cast & Hue
Steve Koch and Jonathan Pathuis are managing partners of Cast & Hue, a design collective passionate about helping solve wicked problems through a human-centered approach to insights, innovation and experience design. Their approach uses empathy and frameworks like Jobs-to-be-Done, Design Thinking and System Thinking to understand the needs that drive behaviors and the motivations that drive decision-making. These solutions take the form of journey maps, needs-based personas, experience blueprints and new products or services.